To study abroad, students must complete:
- TCNJ Study Abroad Application AND
- Application of their program choice (e.g. ISA, CIEE). Please read below and follow the instructions.
TCNJ Faculty-Led Courses
Apply Here! for faculty-led courses. You only need to submit this application and the $150 application fee to Student Accounts (please bring the receipt to Green Hall 111) No other forms or documents are required! Do not follow the other instructions on this page.
- Summer/Fall Semester 2015: February 25, 2015
- Spring Semester 2016: September 25, 2015
- Winter Session 2016: October 1, 2015
- Faculty-Led Programs: Maymester and Summer Session 2015: December 15, 2014
We must first review, approve, and process your application in our office before your application materials can be forwarded to your program provider/host school. To ensure that your application reaches your host institution in a timely manner, do not wait until the last minute to submit your application.
The TCNJ deadline is the latest date you can submit your application materials to ensure full consideration of your candidacy for study abroad, and we encourage ALL students to submit their materials well before the deadline! STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE
- Pay $425 TCNJ application fee in Student Accounts (Green Hall 119) by cash or check (make check payable to: The College of New Jersey).
- Bring the receipt to our office, Green Hall 111; we will only accept the receipt from Student Accounts.
- This is a one-time fee; and can be applied to as many programs as you’d like to go on; or can be transferred to a different program if you choose to change programs
- This $425 fee is non-refundable
- Application fees paid to program sponsors are in addition to this application fee paid to TCNJ.
- Students who submit applications after the deadline will need to pay an additional $50 late application fee and their applications will only be considered if there is space available in the program.
- Download and print the Academic Evaluation Form (this form details the courses you intend to take overseas and makes sure your courses will count at TCNJ).
- Print out a list of titles and descriptions for the overseas courses that you believe will count towards your TCNJ degree requirements.
- Bring course information to and get signed approvals from faculty department chairs for major/minor courses and from an Academic Evaluator in the Office of Records and Registration for electives and for liberal learning requirements.
- Sign the bottom of the form (not signing the form may delay your consideration in going abroad).
- Submit this form in a hard paper copy to the Center for Global Engagement, Green Hall 111.
Program Application Forms
- Log onto PAWS, go to “Academic Records” and click on “Request Official Transcript” and have it sent (there is no fee) directly to Green Hall 111. Do not volunteer to pick up the transcript yourself or have it sent to your home.
- For transfer students only: In addition to your TCNJ transcript, please also request transcripts from all previous institutions you have attended. Have these transcripts sent to Green Hall 111.
Other Health Forms
- Submit the ISA health forms in addition to the TCNJ Medical Clearance Form.
- Bring both sets of forms with you to your medical appointment.
- Note: If using TCNJ Health Services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an additional form that Health Services requires.