Courses in Arts and Communication, Business, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Spring 2016 Cost billed by TCNJ: $9,150 (Tuition/fees, cultural excursions)
- Additional Expenses: Program deposit ($500, paid directly to UPCES), Housing (est. $2,500, paid to landlord arranged through UPCES), Meals (self-catered in apartment), transatlantic airfare, passport, personal expenses)
TCNJ Prague has two hosts institutions:
- UPCES – the Undergraduate Program in Central European Studies, part of CERGE-EI, an institute of economics drawing scholars from the famous Charles University and the Czech Academy of Sciences for teaching and research in the social sciences
- CESP – the Central European Studies Program, part of the University of Economics in Prague, which has an international student body studying business administration in English
- Humanities, Social Sciences, and Economics – Students may focus their academic work at UPCES. In order to earn 4.0 units of credit, students will need to take five 3-credit courses plus IDS 111.
- Business and Liberal Learning – Students may take up to four courses in the CESP program at the University of Economics. Students then take one liberal learning course at UPCES in order to earn at least 4.0 TCNJ units.
The UPCES program is perfect for students majoring in the Humanities and Social Sciences (including Economics), as there are many academic options. There is also an opportunity to delve into the history and culture of Prague itself in a course that uses Prague as a laboratory. UPCES offers internship placements for qualified students as well.
The CESP program is designed for business majors, and students may earn credit toward the Management, Marketing, Finance, and Interdisciplinary Business degrees by taking CESP courses. Students opting for CESP will need to add one UPCES course to their list in order to maintain their schedule of at least 4.0 units per semester for graduation. (That Prague-focused course – “Prague as a Living History” – at UPCES, though, sounds like a great selection!)
The UPCES staff will assist students in select accommodations in Prague in apartments, and students may prepare meals at home or eat with other students in the many university-based dining halls in the city.
TCNJ Prague, thanks to our partners at UPCES, offers a wide array of cultural excursions throughout the Czech Republic and Central Europe.
For more information, please contact the Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.