The deadline to apply for this program has been extended to Friday, March 24.
Study in Madrid, one of the world’s most cosmopolitan and vibrant cities. Travel through Spanish art, architecture and history in guided tours to historic sites. Visit some of the oldest and most beautiful cities in the world – Toledo, Segovia and Avila – designed as World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO.
Students live in the international dormitory, Casa do Brasil, located near the Universidad Complutense campus and have different course options in order to take a Spanish course that meets their curriculum and proficiency needs. Students experience the real Spanish life-style by meeting native students eager to converse and socialize with Americans.
Courses: SPA 103, SPA 171*, SPA 203, SPA 216, SPA 370
Please note: SPA 171 is mandatory. All students will take a total of 1.5 units
Dates: July 2 – August 3, 2017
Program Co-Directors: Dr. Deborah Compte, Professor of Spanish and Dr. Agustín Otero, Associate Professor of Spanish
Summer 2017 Program Cost: $4,864.32 double room / $5,414.32 single room View budget sheet
In order to qualify for admission to the program, students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5. All students in the program must register for at least one course and may choose from the following courses:
- SPA 103 – Beginning Spanish III (NB: SPA 103 completes language requirement) – taught by Dr. Agustín Otero
- SPA 171 – “Cultural Sites and Explorations: Madrid and Beyond” (mandatory 0.5 unit)
- SPA 203 – Intermediate Oral Proficiency (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Deborah Compte
- SPA 216 – Current Events (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Deborah Compte
- SPA 370 – Spain is Different: Exploring National Identity through Spanish Festivals (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Agustín Otero
Please note: Heritage speakers of Spanish may enroll in SPA 216 (without the SPA 210 prerequisite course) with the permission of the program director. Please contact Dr. Otero or Dr. Compte for further details.
Wednesday half-day trips to Madrid museums & historical monuments:
- El Prado
- El Palacio de Oriente
- El Museo Nacional de Arte Reina Sofía
Friday full-day trips to other regions in Spain:
Please contact the TCNJ Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-771-2596.
Please review our refund, cancellation, and withdrawal policy statement should a student not be able to participate in the program.