The University of Newcastle in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, has something for everyone at TCNJ:
- A friendly campus environment that US students will find comfortable, convenient, and welcoming
- Courses in every TCNJ subject area
- Easy access to Sydney (less than two hours away), but no need to leave Newcastle…which is a city in its own right
- The Pacific Ocean is located minutes away from campus
- Each course is equal to one TCNJ unit – Students take four courses each semester, just like at home
- Did we mention the beach?
Newcastle has more than 35,000 students spread over three campuses, but the campuses have a cozy feeling to them and TCNJ students will not feel out of place. Mass transportation makes everything accessible to the student without a car, and of course Aussie students may offer to take our students around if necessary.
Important Note: The academic year in Australia is a bit different from the US – “Semester 1” corresponds on our Spring semester, but it takes place between February and June. “Semester 2” corresponds to our Fall semester and runs from July to November. Check out the Key Dates as a reference.
Students will live in student residences on or near the Newcastle campus.
As TCNJ and the University of Newcastle are exchange partners, TCNJ students will pay TCNJ tuition (rather than a program fee from the host institution or study abroad program provider). The costs for housing and meals will be determined by the host institution.
For students interested in studying abroad at Newcastle University check out these helpful links:
- University of Newcastle Home Page
- International Office Home Page
- Exchange Student Home Page
- Faculties/Course Listings
For more information about the TCNJ exchange with the University of Newcastle, Australia please contact a study abroad advisor in the International and Off-Campus Programs office in Green Hall 111. email@example.com