The College of New Jersey encourages students to think about an internship experience for credit abroad. Students understand how valuable internships can be as part of one’s preparation for a job search and a successful career. Internships completed abroad allow students to gain confidence in the global marketplace of the 21st century. Learning how to negotiate a second culture, communicate effectively with people from other traditions, and simply getting from Point A to Point B in another country, are all transferable skills to jobs in the USA and go a long way to help candidates distinguish themselves from all of those other resumes in the pile!
We encourage students to work with the TCNJ Career Center as they prepare for an overseas experience and to consult Going Global not only for non-credit-bearing internship options, but also for helpful hints to prepare cover letters and other materials in particular countries. A bit of research at home can lead to fantastic opportunities overseas!
Here is a snapshot of the credit-bearing internship programs available through the CGE.
For TCNJ credit (grade computer in TCNJ GPAs):
- TCNJ London Study Center – semester-long and summer internship programs
- TCNJ Prague Study Center – internships available as a 0.75 unit course option in this semester program
- The Washington Center – DC-based semester and summer internships, not just for political science majors!
For transfer credit (grade not computed in TCNJ GPAs):
- CAPA International Education (Beijing, Buenos Aires, Florence, London)
- CISabroad (Australia, Barcelona, China, Florence, London)
- Institute for Study Abroad – Butler University
- International Studies Abroad (Australia, Chile, China, England, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Spain)
For more information, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com to schedule an advising appointment!