Students live in the international dormitory, Casa do Brasil, located near the Universidad Complutense campus and have different course options in order to take a Spanish course that meets their curriculum and proficiency needs. Students experience the real Spanish life-style by meeting native students eager to converse and socialize with Americans.
In order to qualify for admission to the program, students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5. All students must register for SPA 171 – Cultural Sites and Explorations: Madrid and Beyond (0.5 units), in addition to one of the following 1 unit courses:
- SPA 103 – Beginning Spanish III (1 unit). SPA 103 completes language requirement – taught by Dr. Agustín Otero
- SPA 203 – Intermediate Oral Proficiency (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Marimar Huguet-Jerez (Prerequisites: SPA 103 or Oral Placement Test)
- SPA 216 – Current Events (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Marimar Huguet-Jerez (Prerequisites: SPA 203/210 and 211)
- SPA 270 – Topics in Spanish Culture (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Agustín Otero (Prerequisites: SPA 203/210 and 211)
- SPA 370– Cultures of Spain (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Agustín Otero (Prerequisites: Three SPA 200 courses)
Please note: Heritage speakers of Spanish may enroll in SPA 216 (without the SPA 210 prerequisite course) with the permission of the program director. Please contact Dr. Otero or Dr. Huguet-Jerez for further details.
Courses: SPA 171 AND SPA 103, SPA 203, SPA 216, SPA 270, or SPA 370 (Students on this program will earn a total of 1.5 units)
Dates: July 2 – August 2, 2018
Program Directors: Dr. Marimar Huguet-Jerez, Associate Professor of Spanish and Dr. Agustín Otero, Associate Professor of Spanish
Summer 2018 Program Cost: $5,120 double room / $5,670 single room. Price includes meals 6 days of the week, accommodation, and TCNJ tuition for 1.5 units (at an $800 discount). For more information, view Budget Sheet or Explore Scholarship Opportunities (we suggest The Mary Roebling International Travel Award).
Wednesday half-day trips to Madrid museums & historical monuments:
- El Prado
- El Palacio de Oriente
- El Museo Nacional de Arte Reina Sofía
Friday full-day trips to other regions in Spain:
Please contact the TCNJ Center for Global Engagement at email@example.com, 609-771-2596.
Please review our refund, cancellation, and withdrawal policy statement should a student not be able to participate in the program.