Study in Madrid, one of the world’s most cosmopolitan and vibrant cities (check out this The New York Times article that agrees)! Travel through Spanish art, architecture and history in guided tours to historic sites. Visit some of the oldest and most beautiful cities in the world – Toledo, Segovia and Avila – designed as World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO.
TUESDAY OCTOBER 29 at 3:30 PM
& WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 6 at 3:30 PM
Application Deadline: February 14
Commitment Fee Deadline: February 21
Students live in the international dormitory, Casa do Brasil, located near the Universidad Complutense campus and have different course options in order to take a Spanish course that meets their curriculum and proficiency needs. Students experience the real Spanish life-style by meeting native students eager to converse and socialize with Americans.
In order to qualify for admission to the program, students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5. Students can enroll in one of the following 1 unit courses:
- SPA 103 – Beginning Spanish III (1 unit). SPA 103 completes language requirement – taught by Dr. Deborah Compte
- SPA 203 – Intermediate Oral Proficiency (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Deborah Compte(Prerequisites: SPA 103 or Oral Placement Test)
- SPA 270 – Topics in Spanish Culture (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Marimar Huguet-Jerez (Prerequisites: SPA 203/210 and 211)
- SPA 370– Spain’s Current Events (1 unit) – taught by Dr. Marimar Huguet-Jerez (Prerequisites: Three SPA 200 courses)
Here is a Video made by students who went in the past years!
Courses: SPA 103, SPA 203, SPA 216, SPA 270, or SPA 370 (Students on this program will earn a total of 1.0 unit)
Dates: June 15 – July 9, 2020
Program Directors: Dr. Marimar Huguet-Jerez, Associate Professor of Spanish, & Dr. Deborah Compte, Professor of Spanish
Program Fee: $4018.20 Accommodations in a double room (single supplement = add $550)
Wednesday half-day trips to Madrid museums & historical monuments:
- El Prado
- El Palacio de Oriente
- El Museo Nacional de Arte Reina Sofía
Friday full-day trips to other regions in Spain:
Please contact the TCNJ Center for Global Engagement at email@example.com, 609-771-2596.
Please review our refund, cancellation, and withdrawal policy statement should a student not be able to participate in the program.