Approximately 25-30% of each graduating class at TCNJ participates in an education abroad experience – study abroad, an international internship, Global Student Teaching, or some type of volunteering or service experience overseas. There is a wide variety of options, including shorter programs in the Winter and Summer Sessions, semester and year-long options, and even programs with a Spring Break travel component. We encourage everyone beginning their research into study abroad to attend one of our weekly “Study Abroad 101” sessions and then email us at email@example.com to schedule an advising appointment! This page provides you with some resources to start your search for the right study abroad program!
- Where can I go?
- Students can search our Program Directory to find all of our study abroad and internships programs (TCNJ students may log-in to this system using their standard TCNJ username and password; parents and others may review director listings without registering formally.)
- What can I study?
- Practically anything! We have opportunities for majors in all seven TCNJ schools to study abroad.
- Students fill out an Academic Evaluation Form before departure and have professors approve their overseas coursework for credit toward their degree programs.
- Will I fall behind and have to spend another year at TCNJ?
- Not if you choose your courses and your study abroad program carefully! With over 400 students studying abroad each year, TCNJ faculty and staff have a lot of experience accepting credits from international institutions. With the right combination of careful planning and academic effort, students should have no problem finding four units of coursework overseas.
- How do I pay for study abroad?
- For TCNJ-sponsored programs – (all of our exchange programs, our TCNJ study center programs, and our short-term, faculty led programs in Winter and Summer sessions) – all types of financial aid may be used.
- For programs sponsored by third-parties – international education organizations such as ISA, CISAbroad, IFSA, CIEE, and others – there are some restrictions upon the use of NJ Tuition Aid Grants and EOF grants.
- Please see your counselor at Financial Aid, Green Hall 101, for current information about the applicability of your financial aid and scholarship awards. This office maintains a special page for study abroad students.
- For more information about study abroad scholarships, please check our scholarship page.
- OK, I’m ready to start my application!
- For TCNJ students, log in to Discover Programs, go to the program listing for your desired program, scroll to the bottom of the listing, and click on “Login to Apply.”
- For students from other universities, be sure to click on the other box that leads to the Registration system, and then you will be able to complete the online application.
- We recommend that you take a look at our step-by-step instructions for additional assistance.
- Contact the TCNJ Center for Global Engagement! We are located in Green Hall 107 and we are open from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday during the academic year. We are closed on Fridays in the summer months. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and our phone number is 609-771-2596.