TCNJ Short-Term Faculty-Led Programs
The College of New Jersey’s Arlotto Family Center for Global Engagement facilitates the development of short-term, faculty-led study abroad programs that complement the campus curriculum and meet the strategic objectives of the College and encourage global learning. Education abroad is often a milestone in a student’s college career, and TCNJ relies on the participation of faculty to add cultural depth and meaning to the academic experience for students. TCNJ Short-Term Faculty-Led Programs are administered by the Center for Global Engagement in partnership with faculty, schools and departments, program providers, and/or host universities abroad. Short-term programs may be free-standing courses that make a formal term (e.g. Winter or Summer Sessions) or off-campus trips that are embedded into Fall or Spring semester courses that meet on campus the rest of the semester.
The Center for Global Engagement has developed standardized guidelines for program development. Faculty seeking to lead a short-term study abroad program will work together with their departments, their school-level curriculum committees, the College Core Council (if desired), and the Center for Global Engagement in order to develop a new program. New programs must be approved by the Global Engagement Council (GEC) with input form the Global Risk Mitigation & Crisis Management Working Group.
RFP for New Short-Term Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs – Calendar Year 2025. Please see this PDF for details.
- FOR NEW PROGRAMS FOR WINTER SESSION OR SPRING BREAK 2025:
- Application Request Deadline: DECEMBER 7, 2023, Open a Case
- Application Submission Deadline Via Faculty Process: DECEMBER 13, 2023
- FOR NEW PROGRAMS FOR SUMMER SESSIONS I, II, III, OR FALL BREAK 2025:
- Application Request Deadline: FEBRUARY 23, 2024, Open a Case
- Application Submission Deadline Via Faculty Process: MARCH 1, 2024
Request to Schedule Short-Term Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program 2025. Please see this PDF for details.
- FOR WINTER SESSION OR SPRING BREAK 2025:
- Application Request Deadline: JANUARY 23, 2024, Open a Case
- Application Submission Deadline Via Faculty Process: FEBRUARY 1, 2024
- FOR SUMMER SESSIONS I, II, III, FALL BREAK, OR THANKSGIVING 2025:
- Application Request Deadline: MARCH 8, 2024, Open a Case
- Application Submission Deadline Via Faculty Process: MARCH 15, 2024
The best practice in the field of international education is to employ the services of a professional program provider organization or to collaborate with a local host university. There are a number of well-established and trusted organizations and institutions that fulfill this function. All TCNJ Study Abroad Programs must be supported on the ground by approved providers. CGE has several providers they have used in the past and can introduce you to them. Should you have a particular partner in mind, CGE staff can help vet them with TCNJ’s Global Risk Mitigation & Crisis Management Working Group. See the links below for more information.