With a bit of time and research students can discover how the grants and scholarships they receive at TCNJ can help subsidize some of the costs of study abroad.
In most cases, financial aid (loans, grants & scholarships) can be applied to the cost of the study abroad program. Exclusions may apply depending on the restrictions of the specific loan, grant or scholarship – for example, students receiving New Jersey Tuition Aid Grants and certain EOF grants may only use these grants on programs where the cost of the program is billed by TCNJ. These types of programs have at least part of their cost, if not all their cost billed by the college: all TCNJ study centers, all TCNJ exchange programs, and TCNJ faculty-led short-term study abroad programs in Winter and Summer sessions. Please note some programs are only able to bill the academic/tuition & fees cost through TCNJ, but not housing/ room or board/meals.
If you receive ANY type of financial aid, including loans, grants or scholarships from Federal, State, Private Lenders, or TCNJ, it is your responsibility to contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance to discuss your award package and limitations.
To find your financial aid or scholarship award amount and all other information:
- Log onto myTCNJ and log into PAWS.
- Under “Student Center” you will see a category for “Finances”.
- Click on a link titled “Financial Aid”, which lists everything from your Financial Aid summary to your Award History by year and cost of attendance.
- If you are receiving financial aid:
- Carefully compare the program cost and estimated expenses with you financial aid package; this information can be found in your program’s budget sheet (this can either be obtain from the CGE office OR can be acquired from your third party program provider).
- Please consult this Financial Assistance for Study Abroad Students page & Financial Aid Study Abroad Checklist
- If you think you need additional financial aid:
- Make an appointment with the TCNJ Office of Student Financial Aid
- Please consult this Financial Assistance for Study Abroad Students page & Financial Aid Study Abroad Checklist prior to your appointment.
- If you do not receive financial aid but want to apply:
- Make an appointment with the TCNJ Office of Student Financial Aid and be prepared to file a FAFSA
- Please consult this Financial Assistance for Study Abroad Students page & Financial Aid Study Abroad Checklist prior to your appointment prior to your appointment.
- To check on the restrictions of your SCHOLARSHIP, if any, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More Resources Concerning Financing Study Abroad